Sunday, May 17, 2020

Drink the Kool-Aid

After hearing and reading about Trump's suggestions to fight coronavirus by drinking disinfectant, my first thought was to recommend that if his supplicants were inclined to follow his prescription, it might be more palatable if it were mixed with Kool-Aid. I then read that there is actually a group of his supporters that advocate drinking bleach to kill the virus.

Now, I don't know if they influenced him, or he influenced them. I suspect like most right-wing insanity, it is a reinforcement loop of craziness, with all parties refining and adding to the lunacy of all the others.

Regardless, I would hate to make that recommendation and then find out that one of his cult members actually did drink a cocktail of bleach and Kool-Aid. Not that I think this blog could ever influence anyone to do anything, but if I did make such a suggestion and then discovered someone actually did it, I would feel guilty, even knowing I had nothing to do with it. 

So, I definitely do not want anyone, even Trumpsters, to drink bleach or a mixture of bleach and anything else.  That's the way normal people think and feel, unlike members of the Trump cult, who have made it clear they couldn't care less what happens to anyone who isn't a member.

There are no morals more relative than conservative morals, and no hypocrisy quite like conservative hypocrisy.

No comments:

Post a Comment